Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Add Another One to the List

I've been trying a new "experiment" off and on with Ethan - going to the bathroom without him in there with me. I go into the bathroom and close the door (he hasn't figured out the safety handles yet). He's 3 1/2. He should be able to handle this. Right?!

He SCREAMS. FREAKS out. Absolute HYSTERIA.

So while Mommy is trying to take care of, um, monthly duties, he is outside the door banging, begging, jumping up and down, screaming, and having a severe bout of separation anxiety. Then when I come out he usually wants me to hold and comfort him.

Ready for those assessments to start anytime...

3 comments:

  1. Mine can't seem to handle it either. Me behind a locked door sends him into an absolute panic. If it's only partially closed, or at least unlocked, he's starting to respect my request that he stay out (though he usually has to at least peek, you know, in case I've fallen in or something, I guess?). But locked? OHMYGOODNESS THE WORLD IS ENDING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you had any news about when they will start?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia, if he can get in, he will!

    Kim, probably about two more months before they'll start. Then it'll take a month.

    ReplyDelete