Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dilemma

I need some feedback! Especially from other AP/GP moms...

My church has a women's retreat coming up next month. It's for 2 nights. I'd be gone less than 48 hours. I'm so torn about what to do!

Pros:
1. I really could use some time I'm not Mommy 24/7.
2. I really could use the time of spiritual growth. I just don't have much time to focus on the Lord and study the Word at home.
3. It's less than 90 minutes away.
4. Getting Christian fellowship - opportunities to bless others and be blessed.
5. Jesse really wants me to go. He says I need and deserve it!

Cons:
1. I've never been away from Gabriel for more than a few hours (but he's not breastfed so that's not an issue).
2. The boys cosleep with me (but they'd have Jesse here instead).
3. Jesse would have to take care of both boys the whole time (but he says he has people he can call if he needs help).
4. I've only been away from Ethan twice - He stayed with Jesse when I was in the hospital with the flu (about 48 hrs), and he stayed with my best friend and her family when we were at the hospital when I had Gabriel (a few days but he saw us every day).
5. Afraid I would be worried about the boys the whole time (mainly Gabriel).

I'm leaning toward going but I'm just not sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment