Sunday, March 6, 2011

First Assessment DONE!!!

Well, part 1 is done :)

Approximately 45 minutes worth of Ethan and I by ourselves doing puzzles, playing with toys, and then the last part... I had to leave the room for 3 minutes so they could see his level of separation anxiety. The last part went fairly well except it ended up being longer than 3 minutes because he decided to lock the door and the social worker had to go track down the key :p Locking doors is a new, fun skill at home (NOT fun for us!) and he decided to demonstrate it for them too LOL The social worker said she got "lots of good information" from our interactions. I guess that's a good thing!

It was a bit unnerving knowing that my every action and word was being videotaped and will be watched, analyzed, and picked apart by multiple people... But I tried to act as naturally as I could. And they got a decent tantrum on the tape ;)

This week will be the interview with me. The next week Jesse will do the interaction eval I did with him, then the next week will be his interview. After that we may have a couple weeks of therapy before we get to meet with the doctor and do a formal treatment plan.

But we are now officially in the system :D

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys are getting going with this.

    Beanie has started locking doors too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you will soon be getting answers and help. It is easy to feel alone with a child who has problems, I hope that you will get the results that you seek :)

    ReplyDelete