Thursday, March 17, 2011

Update on Ethan's Testing

Last Thursday before I did the interview, we got a call that the doctor had a cancellation and we were offered that appointment with her. We were with the doctor for 2 1/2 hours! She was so nice! Very attentive, seemed knowledgeable, etc. She asked a LOT of questions, watched Ethan play by himself, took him for a short walk by herself, played with him without me in there, and watched he and I play together by ourselves. At the end she told me that she didn't see anything pathological. She said he had an anxious temperament and that there were definitely issues they could work with us on :) I trusted the doctor's judgement, but a part of me still felt like there was something more going on. I just didn't feel at peace about it. But I didn't say anything to anyone. Except in prayer of course ;)

Today (exactly a week later), the doctor called and told me that after she met with us, she started questioning her "diagnosis." She said she felt he was borderline and ended up talking to the psychologist that comes once a month about his case. What came out of that is that the psychologist will be doing a formal anxiety assessment with him! The doctor said the office would be calling me to schedule it but that she wanted to talk to me personally about it first.

I didn't want to blog about how things were going before now because I didn't want to make myself worse by putting it down on paper ;) But after what happened today, I feel a lot better about the direction we're headed! And no matter what shows on the anxiety assessment, it will help his treatment team fine-tune their plan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment