Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Big Task DONE!

Last week a friend (Christian, no husband, no kids) came over to return a book and in the course of conversation I mentioned that there were cleaning and organizing tasks I wanted to get done but hadn't had time to tackle lately. She said, "Well, of course not! You're busy raising two young kids! I'm coming over next week to watch the boys and you can get done whatever you want to. Even if it's just taking a long bath." We agreed on her coming two days this week after work (late afternoon).

Today was day #1. I worked and worked and worked but my dining room is cleared out and my food shelves are organized! It feels so good! It LOOKS so good :) I still need to mop in there but things are sooo much better! She's coming back Thursday. My plan for then is to do the clothes in my closet. There's nothing but maternity clothes in there still... And I'm 30 lbs smaller than I was prepregnancy so there's a lot of reorganizing of clothes to do!

Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

The desire of my heart is to have a clean, organized home again. A place that will be a refuge from chaos. God frequently uses this friend to bless me - whether it's giving me $10 during a rough financial spot, or offering to help with the kids, or offering to come clean for me.

I firmly believe God has called my husband and I to raise our children in a certain way. It isn't popular (at least not around here). It isn't easy. There are other things that take a backburner. Like anything but the bare minimum with the house. But He repeatedly shows me that we're doing the right thing, and brings opportunities like today to bless me.

What a truly mighty God we serve!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment